Thursday, May 07, 2009

Zoo and returning friends!

The trip to Australia Zoo yesterday was simply incredible.
I've experience things I've never experienced before.
Feeding the Elephants and Kangeroos.
Get up close and personal with Koalas!

I went to the Australia Zoo with my Bond Uni and travelling buddies Christy and Danielle.
Oh if we put our names together, it flows ehhh - BCD. Super funny
The Zoo is located an hour North of Brisbane. Gold Coast is about an hour South of Brisbane.
You do not have to be a rocket scientist to know that I take more than 2 hours (Traffic Jams!!) to arrive at the zoo.

We watched a documentary about Steve Irwin before we reached the Zoo.
He started this Zoo together with his dad!
Passion + Action -> Amazing things.
Many people would enjoy this Zoo! I'm very sure.
But how many people actually think beyond that?
This Zoo is built because of Steve's passion for wildlife.
Many of the Zoo Keepers we met have worked with Steve and they only have positive words to say about him.
A lot of the Zoo's programmes were as a result of his and his dad's passion for wildlife.
He's just an ordinary man with an extraordinary passion for what he loves.
Man. What a role model to have!

I'm not going to talk about "my day" at the Zoo and write a 3000 word story on it.
I've taken some pictures and since pictures tell more than what I say, I'll let you imagination run wild with those pictures. Most of them are on FB.. But I'll put some here for you guys to enjoy!

Sidetrack, Darn and Felix came back from their trip from Auckland.
Felix said he spent about AUD$2k. lol.
Ha ha. I told him that I can never do that, even when I'm on a "shopping" spree.



Tempting the Crocs


Snakeeee.


With Christy & Koala


The majestic Sumatra Tiger. So cool! Stop using Tiger balms! Only 400 of these left. We Chinese kill tiger more than anyone else!


Statue of Steve & his family.


A crocodile can grow up to 23-24ft! The largest known crocodile today lives in India @ 18-19ft.


On the tram back home.


OZ Zoo!


You can be tagged on FB! This is adorable little Koala - Looks like one of our keychains. Take a closer look - This is real!


Autumn is nice here. About 20 Degrees. Loving it!


I'm touching its horns!


Steve! Ha ha. Not that Real Steve Irwin


The black shadow behind me is 6ft (183cm).
I'm a legit 6 footer! I look slightly taller due to shoes.

(:

No comments: