Thursday, April 30, 2009

Brisbane City

All my Malaysian friends have either gone home, or to Sydney now.
Lol. And I'm here on the Coast all alone. But I'm lucky to have friends beyond the Malaysians.

I've been on the Coast for 20 months and I haven't really been to Brisbane before (Apart from the airport and karaoke).
Yesterday was my first time touring in the city of Brisbane.
Danielle and Christy were my tour guide.
I promise to have pictures this time ok!
Ok. The pictures are pretty impromptu though.

I realised that I do not have to go anywhere after all.
The City of Brisbane itself looks fabulous.
Danielle came and picked me up in the morning.
Christy was already waiting for us at the train station already.
I have to tell you about this thing today - Public transport had PERFECT TIMING wherever we go.
God is working all the time.
We didn't even have the chance to wait for public transport.
Wherever we go, the bus and trains arrive at the time we're there.
Isn't it amazing!!?

Brisbane trip started pretty well when a Nestea truck stopped halfway and handed out free Ice Lemon and Peach tea. Lol. I got myself an Ice Peach while the girls got the lemon and lime ones.
We then headed to Queenstreet Mall to have lunch.
The Unadon over there was alright, not the best though.

Next, we shopped within the complex.
I certainly couldn't find much things that were suitable for me.
The girls walked their way while I walk mine.
We met at about 1hour later.
The shop that stood out was G-Star. They had a discount that day but the jeans I was looking at was out of stock (Arh, good things never last).

Next, we went to Myer Centre.
On the way to Myer Centre, we saw this guess shop and I told the girls (WOW! 30% discount).
True to it, every item for the male species were either on a 30% discount or it costs AuD$70 to purchase. Not true for the ladies.

A top immediately caught my eyes. It is a baby-blue top with a plain design at the front (UK flag is the prints on the chest). Then, I proceed on to look at its back. It's certainly unreal. The prints at the back were well designed. I stop hesistating and took a small and a medium to try on. The store-keeper then told me that all the jeans were on 30% discount. A skinny black caught my eyes. I have been wanting to get a skinny black for the longest time. The guess skinny black was unreal! Together with my first top, they fit perfectly. With my shoes, I thought they were inseparable. Lol.

Needless to say, I bought this top and the skinny black. And this proved to be the only thing I would buy for the day. Went to a few other places and nah, nothing was as good! We went to the Museum and learnt more about turtles! We sat for about 30minutes on the sofa of the museum just watching some turtle documentary. We learnt the lots though (:.

Ally (Christy's friend) came along after our museum trip. She is currently studying at QUT. It was all good as we spent our time with Ally walking through the parks and artificial beach. Their artificial beach is really artificial - Just sand and a small swimming pool. I was thinking of Sentosa when they told me about artificial swimming pool. I guess we all could have such an "artificial beach" at our porch if we do own a house.

We walked for more than 2 hours and Ally had to leave for a dancing class. The three of us went to one of Sunnybank's Chinese restaurant where we educated Danielle about Chinese food. I saw BAH KUT TEH and I told the girls that this is the best Malaysian stuff you've got to try. Their BKT was alright, not the best though. But still reminds me of Malaysia. I had 2 portions and after that, we walked for another 25 minutes before we reached Altandi train station. Our train arrived when we reach there.

Some of the pictures in the train were taken on our way back.
Yeah! Brisbane trip was really good.
God is there all the time, even when you are just having holidays and enjoying yourself.
In one of the bus trips, I just plugged in to my iPod and heard the sermons that Ps Joakim preached about 10 martyrs for Christ. It was so inspiring!

People! let's not give away our destiny for the tangible. Materials and wants are necessity, but they should not be all that we lived for. Let's live for something greater & higher.

Till then, cya!
Some pictures below!!


Me and Christy

Me outside Myer Centre (The place I valued in my property investment assignment!)

Danielle - Studying and now travelling partner!

Night in the museum X

Girls with Koala

Girls in the garden


Outside Myer Centre


Train (on the way home - we had the train to ourselves)

A long day!

Lv
Bryan

No comments: