Sunday, October 19, 2008

David & Goliath

"And it was the story of David and Goliath.
How David had faith to kill the biggest person Earth has created."

That was my message for the morning.
Faith!
Sharing the Word of God with the kids is a blessing from God.
To be able to sit down with them and I won't say preach, but share with them what God has in stored for them.

Talked about 1 Samuel 17. The famous epic that has lasted through the decades and centuries.
I was reading that passage myself while preparing the message too.
It was just awesome.
Though it could have been my umpteenth time reading that passage, fresh revelations come out of it. It just refreshes me each time I indulge in the Word.

I also shared with the kids about China and Russia. How people had to smuggle bibles in the past because people weren't supposed to have one?
Many households have bibles
I believe stories like that capture the attention of the kids.
Preaching to the kids takes a lot of patience I would say.
Seriously, I would prefer to preach to adults ten times more than to kids. However, preaching to kids just gives you a satisfaction that you'll never get in your life.

It's unexplainable in words. You wouldn't hear this from me a year ago! But I believe that God has made me to love kids, without knowing it myself. Maybe this might be one of my giftings too. I had reservations of speaking up in the past to people who don't really understand me. But God has transformed me and gave me the confidence I never thought I had. Just before I end off, I just want to say that do not despise youths, because we all were once youths. You never know what youths can do.

Manchester United beat West Bromwich Albion 4-0 at Old Trafford. Wayne Rooney was the Star of the game as he scored a goal and provided another two assists. The other goalscorers were Berbatov, Ronaldo and Nani.

Yep! That's the way United should be playing all season long!

Bryan Yee

No comments: