Sunday, July 20, 2008

ignited moment..

20th July 08 - Another ignited moment of my life.

This is probably one of the ignited moments of my life. My first time preaching at kids' church. Ha ha. Well, it was not that easy, especially facing a group of people where some have difficulty understanding my English. It went well though. I believed that God was with me when I preached.

It was a very simple message - A poor widow with two mites in Mark 12:41-44.
I guess it did touched the lives of the kids that I related to (Well, not really preaching to them or else they would be sleeping).

Well, at the end of the day, God isn't interested in the amount that we give, but the amount that we have left in our wallets/banks/reserves all in all. A mite = 1/8 of a cent. 2 mites = 1/4 of a cent and is 1/64 of a denarius, which is about a day's wages of a labourer. Hear what it says... A day's wages of a labourer.. Not a day's wages of Bill Gates or Warren Buffet.

Yeah. But still, Jesus said that this poor widow gave more than what the others give, that is because the others gave out of their abundance, but the widow gave out of what she had. Man. Singapore has heard this over and over again. But this message needs to cross through continents from a channel! Yeap. Love it.

Church today was awesome. Looking forward to kids' church next week for sure.

Ha ha.Well, when I feel like going home, I guess I will go. lol.

Bryann

No comments: