Saturday, June 07, 2008

Huge but empty

I've been staying over at Heng's place for the past few days.
Well, partly because we have a Uni event on Thursday.. Palaver...

It's my first on such events.. And I don't reckon I will enjoy them. I prayed a little before I went.
After lesson on Thursday... Went over to Heng's place while he's getting ready to go for his tute.
Had a long day with shopping at Pac-cas. It's was pretty alright.. Got a few holes for my belt as they were too loose. (Even though I've gained another 2 kg). Lol.

Thursday night was the start of the event. 11 of us from Malaysia went for that together. (9 of them came from the same high school fyi). Ha ha. We had some drinks Bond Uni's very own Don's tavern. Well, I only had a little over 2 drinks and also grabbed a bottle of mineral water while some of them drank to their fulfillment (Since it's free). Since mineral water suits me more.... lol. Met a couple of people there whom I've seen before but never talked to. It was a great social night.

Later on, we've an after party at Surfer's Paradise. I was really not geared up for that, but since it's complementary.. I decided to go for it, with the rest. We were fighting to board the buses and we got the last one, fortunately or if you see it in another sense, unfortunately.

Off we go and into Surfers. Some of them have reached before us as they got to board the previous bus. Some of them had dinner while I just stoned around. into the clubs we went after that.... The feeling of emptiness in a room in a sea of crowd. We can be alone and not yet lonely and we can be lonely even though we are surrounded by a multitude. The devoid of purpose and the lack of vision in that huge place gripped my heart. One of the most 'expensive' places in the world- Definitely the clubs. Young people destined to have a life of purpose but never had the beliefs and courage to stand up to that. Well, they aren't bad people, in fact a lot of them are good and smart people studying at Unis.

I've never enjoyed dancing so after a while, I decide to take a stroll along the beach (One of the finest beaches in the world is in Surfers, for sure!) alone. On my way to the beach, I met a couple of friends at Maccas and after chatting with them, off I went for a stroll. I just talked to God while I was strolling and I felt so good although I was alone. The best place for QT.. That's for sure!

Heng gave me a call after 15-20 minutes and asked me to join him at the club. After a little hesitation, I decided to give it a try since I'm there. Well.. I danced with the people on the dance floor. To be frank, it was alright, not as bad as imagined, but I wouldn't give my life to the clubs as the devoid of purpose in life would definitely kill me. Palaver was indeed a well organised events by the student's council.

Scenes of people vomitting and young people requiring assistance to walk as a result of going over their limits in their consumption of alcohol were common sight.

Off we went - on a cab back to Bond Uni... Played PS2 with one of my khakis till day broke. We slept after that. Heh..

Ok... Lot's of assignment coming up in the next 2 weeks before my mid-semester examination. See ya soon!

Bryan!

No comments: