Sunday, June 08, 2008

Awesome Sunday

Routine on Sunday - Change bedsheet, vacuum, go to church and did some work at the same time..

However, reading Leadership Excellence this morning and for the past few days have been amazingly awesome. It has kind of change some of my perception about leadership. A manager is not necessarily a leader, but manager needs some leadership skills to get things done.. Same for a leader. A leader may not be a manager but needs managing skills to help them get their lives organised. Any organisation will only go as far as the strength of the leadership of the church. Everyone wants to be a leader, but some aren't called to be one. Some are called to be great managers. If that's your call, i.e. to be a good manager, be one! Check our hearts periodically, what's our motivation... of becoming a leader. Be truthful to ourselves always.

Connections... I love Church and I just can't get enough of it each week. I look forward to church week in week out. Although there are days when I don't feel like going at all!! Nevertheless, it was good today. Was talking to Chelle today and we chat about my stay in Australia. I'm leaving next Aug-Oct (Pretty long time still). And I told her that I'll come back one day! We then talk about going for holiday trips.. Her and Ben together with myself and my future spouse. Lol. It was hilarious and we're just talking and talking. It was fun though!

The letter "l" on my keyboard is playing tricks with me....

Pastor Adrienne preached an awesome message today. It was a powerful message.. She talked about the story - Mary and Martha... When Jesus came to their house.. Only Mary is keen about what Jesus had to say while Martha was busy with her stuff....

She gave many analogy of people missing services on Sunday.... and what is the solution for them??

1. My relatives came from afar to visit me.. - a) Well.. Bring them to church with you.. b) get them to stay at ur place if they are pretty against it and this could be a good time for them to recharge physically before embarking on their journey.

Well.. these are just practical steps... The heart behind all this is that... Sunday is the first day of the week, and there's no reason to say we're too busy because it's the first day of the week. There was a time where the shops were all closed on Sunday. Visit some of the countryside of Australia, and we can find that!!!

Lv
Bryan

No comments: