Monday, May 19, 2008

Kids!

It's just been an awesome day.
 
Woke up early in the morning at quarter to 8a.m. today. It was just awesome.
Watched the last quarter of Celtics vs Caviliers.
 
Well, Celtics won. Ha ha. I'm on neutral ground, so I'm pretty cool whichever team won. But it would be awesome to see LeBron James playing with Kobe Bryant in the NBA Finals, well, that's impossible now. So the Eastern conference Final matchup is up. Celtics vs Pistons.
 
Ok. So much for being a basketball fan. Let's talk about kids.....
Ha ha. I never really have any special affection for kids throughout my life until a few weeks ago.
Yesterday was my first official roster on Kids' church. It was so fun.
I've served in Kids' church a few times... Guided.. But yesterday was truly exceptional flying solo.
 
Mike and I were taking care of the people from grade 3-grade 5 (Academically, equivalent to Primary 3 to 5 in Singapore, but in terms of age, they are two years younger) So grade 3-5 is between the ages of 7-9. Still remember those times where our age is single digit? lol. Well. In a matter of months, I'll be out of my teenage years.
 
While Mike prayed for all the guys and I prayed for all the girls during prayer time. I wanted to try something new. So I told all the girls to tell me what requests do they have. And they are the most adorable thing ever. One said - I want to pray for my guinea pig that it'll stop biting. Another prayed for her dog to stop barking. One of the dad's is being saved today. It was a truly awesome time praying with them. I thought I would never spend more than 5mins praying with them. I end up taking up more time than Mike. It was so cool and I did a round up prayer for each of the girls.
 
I can truly tell you that nothing is impossible because if I can interact with kids this way (Which is extremely rare), anything can be done. I probably am never going to teach in a nursery or Kindergarten... But if I could relate to kids like what I did yesterday, it must be God. The night before kids' church, I just prayed to God to let me have fun with the kids after my amazing Time with Him.
 
God rewarded me doubly. Over at the other room, kids from Pre-School to Grade 2 (4-6 yrs) were short-handed and they needed someone to go over and help. So they sent me over. And I gladly agreed. The kids were simply adorable. After kids church, one of the kids pretend to want to talk to me and got me to bend over... And I would have never guess what she would do to me. She tickle my neck and said "Tickle.. Tickle.." She was so cute. Like the cutest angel ever. And another boy tried to tackle me and I pinned him down twice. Ha ha. We had loads of fun over at kids' church.
 
- We don't always have to serve in areas where we think our strengths lie. Rather, serve in an area where there is a need. The passion will come... It's more than stepping out of our comfortzone. When our passion is in God, things will just fall into place.
 
Pastors and family are touching down today. Looking forward to seeing them!

No comments: