Saturday, July 08, 2006

Post War

End school at 12.30P.M.

I went out with some classmates to McDonalds and had my lunch there.
After that, we went to play LAN game, the last time I played was after last CT. Once in a while! Haha. When they switched to Dota, I left. At first, I wanted to go home and eat. Haha, but after that, I remembered Jeremy and the CG people are going out to shop. Haha, but I did not want to meet them at first as I already had my Jersey! I changed my mind and went to meet them in the end (:.

However, something shocked me today. Haha, my Secondary 3 and 4 classmates, Siew Hui and Wai Yan went out!! I mean even as friends, they looked the most AMAZing combination, but they are just friends. Just some catching up! Haha, maybe catch spiders.? Haha. Coz their personalities and likings to what I know WERE completely different. And Siew Hui was the one who asked Wai Yan out. That made it very weird. I do not know what to say as I was really astonished. They are like the most unlikely people to go out. As rare as Pastor Ulf Ekman is coming to my house to run a CG and preach to me? or in secular terms, David Beckham coming over to my house for a stay? (Which I do not crave for, mind U!). Or Me taking over as Harry Potter role and casting spells? Lol(Some people said I looked like him when I was in Sec 1 and 2, a compliment izzit!).

Jeremy, Feng Xu and I crapped are full of nonsense as we crapped our way home! Haha. We can just talk about anything under the sun. Haha, today while we were having dinner at Yoshinoya, One Australian came over and sit with us. As Hillsongs was in Australia, I asked him "do you go to church"? Then he begged my pardon for a few times and asked the others "Is he speaking in English"? I laughed uncontrollably. !!!!!! Lol. Is my speech that bad? But subsequently, he could catch my JOKES. We crapped with him. Haha, in the end, we gathered that he knew Hillsongs. He is a banker in Dubai. Throughout the conversation, I was doing most of the talking. I tried to catch what he tried to say every sentence, whatever I couldn't catch I would just say "Ohhh.. Icic" or "Wow.. Cool Cool". I talked about Australia Football with him. I also talked to him about the Australia Open, which is going to be Andre Agassi's last Major tournament! I think although we just chatted for a while, I feel that what I could learn from this Australian was that he voiced out his opinions very openly, one of the traits that is severely wanting in our Asian Cultures! It's not about acting like a spoilt brat, but be brave!

I feel like a fish in a water right now, settling down very well!

The insignificant WC is coming to an end. Italy vs France (No mood to watch, might just sleep!) Till now, I haven't watch a full match yet. I either doze off after half-time or watch the only the second half(An accomplishment). Even France 1998, when I was only 10, I watched most of the matches after Quarter Final and some group stage matches, and of course Denmark's matches! Brian Laudrup at his best, scoring against Tafferel of Brazil. Roberto Carlos only 25 Years old? Cafu 28 years old? Ronaldo was at a relatively young age of 21 turning 22 when he is already deemed "untouchable"? How did Ronaldo scored against Denmark? Kickoff! I think Rivaldo passed the ball to him, he literally dribbled past every Danish players and beat Peter Schmeichel. Unbelievable! That broke the heart of Danish fans. They thought they could still hold on to a draw and decide the match on Penalty shootout or thye may even counter-attack and score against Brazil. However, they couldn't and let in another goal. 3-2 final score. I forgot how the sequence was like, but I remembered Denmark was leading at first. At that time(1998), they had a few Premier League players. First team midfielder Allen Nielsen was from Spurs and Jacob Laursen was from Derby County and of course, Top-class and one of the greatest keepers of all time, Peter Schmeichel was from Manchester United, for 8 illustrious years. Much later after the WC1998, Brian Laudrup went to Chelsea for a short stint where he played only 11 matches and scored a goal. Thomas Gravesen also joined Everton and had a successful stint as he steered Everton into the UEFA champions League together with David Moyes in 2004, something not heard of for Eons. Gravesen went on to join Real Madrid and is a bargain at 3.5m pound. Currently, these are some of the players from Denmark who are from the Premiership (only those I can think offhand). A good shot stopper but rather error prone Thomas Sorensen (GK) Aston Villa, Niclas Jensen (DF) Fulham, Brian Priske (DF) Portsmouth and of course the badly injured but extremely talented Martin Laursen (DF) from Aston Villa, who was once from AC Milan as a cover for Nesta and/or Stam. The golden generations of the Laudrups and Schmeichel are over, can the new team of Danish revived their National pride of clinching another major tournament? They won their last major competition in Euro 1992 when they beat Germany 2-0. Brian Laudrup was only 22 yrs of age but was already a star in his team together with his brother, Michael. He was playing a more defensive role back then.
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HallOfFame/0,,5~529606,00.html

Cya! Yee....XX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

expabearm [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-zithromax-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Zithromax without no prescription online[/url] [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-flomax-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Flomax without no prescription online[/url]