Sunday, July 05, 2009

Things to do, decisions to make, life to move on!

Had kids church in the morning....

Kids are the most adorable thing on the face of this earth.
That's why Jesus said unless you come to me like a little child, you shall by no means enter the kingdom of God. We didn't do much because of school holidays. I got a few of them to lead us in prayer before 40minutes of dodgeball.

Ha ha, I made cameo appearances to help the losing team once in a while before retreating to my umpire role. I was pretty good. Lol. I got someone out on my every other attempt. It's so good to see that things like team work come out of it. There's this really awesome guy called Joey. He's turning 11 years old in grade 5 (Primary 5 equivalent). He has a real heart for people even at his tender age. When he saw that his opposing team players are not sharing the balls, he'll ask them to share the ball to the amongst themselves, he'll especially ask his sister to share the ball. I knew I had to find an opportunity to praise him for such great love for people at his age. He wasn't shy and replied with a humbled "thank you". True humility is not false humility. If I were him at his age, I probably (Or rather, certainly) wouldn't be able to accept such praises and put on a false humility. He is a gentleman at this age too. often giving the ladies the ball while he stands there and cheer them. (Potential candidate... LOL) All of you reading my blog are too old for him. But you certainly wish that this quality is in your dream guy, don't u?

Apart from that, I believe serving God's prize asset in the church (Sorry Young adults and adults) is a great privilege, God's heart will always be with the younger generation. It's such a joy to serve God's most loved. And a great responsibility lies on the shoulders of teachers like myself to shape the belief system of the kids. I never knew I would be able to lead kids, let alone Caucasian kids who only understand me 90% of the time (There's an improvement.. LOL. It used to be that for every other word, they would have to ask me "what are you saying?") Maybe my accent and perfect sentence structure would be completely destroyed once I go back to Singapore. Speaking in proper sentences is the only great thing out of OZ. I guess. lol.

Serving God because we love God and people. Life is as simple as that.
Things are just this simple, but I used to treat things in a more complicated way, not in a good way that is. Touch the next generation of people by the way we live. We are the role models for the next generation.

Presentation tomorrow. Decisions to make... Things to do.. People to love... God to serve.

Bryan

No comments: