Saturday, November 03, 2007

- The Last of the Mohicans -

Taking a short 2-3 days break before embarking on a gruelling 4-5 weeks of studies. Well, it's not really that bad actually.

Not really a break. But I've been listening to all the podcasted sermons that I've yet to listen.
A great quote that made me playback a few times before I got hold of every word of it.

Vincent Lombardi - "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportional to their commitment of excellence in life, regardless of their chose field of endeavour"

Pastor Phil was talking about our worship to God. Our worship to God has to be of excellence. So what is excellence? It's not being better than anyone else. Excellence means giving your BEST in whatever we do. It sounds pretty easy, but there's a high price to pay - Time, energy, brainpower, money and many more things....

A person of excellence will be looking forward to receive their progress report/ report book because they know that they have given their best. The results are important, but what's more important is the process of it.

Back to the title of this post.

-The Last of the Mohicans -

We played this movie in Heart of God Church on Valentine's Day more than 2 half years ago, Feb 14 2005. We played two movies that day and I watched one of them - 50 first dates. It was nice! The another was The Last of the Mohican, which I didn't watch it.

Well, I really missed out quite a lot, I guess. I rented the DVD from school on Thursday and decided to give it a shot. Well, this morning I played the DVD and wow! I stay rooted to the computer screen without moving. It was this good! It is a war movie with love element in it (That's why it's chosen to be played on Valentine's Day), dated back to 1757 in the US, where the French and English were fighting for territory in US.

Admist all the violence, there's a love story between Hawkeye and Cora Munro (Daughter of colonel). It's a nice movie and I urged you to watch it if you have the time!

Love

Bryan Yee

No comments: