Sunday, September 16, 2007

Special Service

Service was simply awesome today.

Pastor Don talked about prayer in the morning.

As for the evening service, Pastor Pat Ancliff talked about contentment.
How do we define being content - "To be free from cares because of satisfaction that is already yours."
Being content doesn't mean being laid back or what, but it's to have contentment in life.
It is so relevant to me that I began to reflect and think about contentment.

I went up and was prayed for by Pastor Antcliff's wife, Pastor Amanda. She asked me what I want to be prayed for. I didn't really have any request, but I said to her the same thing what King Solomon wanted - Wisdom and increase in understanding in things! That was exactly what she prayed for me and the power of God was on me. I lost balance instantly when she started praying and the usher was supporting me behind so that she could finish praying for me. I tried to stand still, but no matter how I tried, I just couldn't. I felt so power-less. When I went on to the ground. God really spoke to me, in a still small voice.
I will not share in details. But God certainly has brought me to a right place.

There were also Theology students from Oxford falls today visiting us! Actually they have been here since Friday night. I had a chat with a brilliant chap. He's going to do his PhD in Chemical Engineering too at the age of 25-6. Wow. So smart, yet so spiritual. It's just amazing how God is working in people's lives.

Yeah. Live a life of contentment!

Bryan Yee....XX

No comments: